If you're not already sick of the sight of chocolate (not possible, in my opinion), the little craft I have for you today should be just the job for a fun and easy Christmas DIY. These chocolate pouches are perfect for making and hanging up around the home, and they will give any visiting friends and family a little treat as they stop by. They are so so easy to make and require no complicated materials. In fact, so simple is this project that I didn't even take step by step photos! So grab some off cuts of wrapping paper, some pretty tape and a few chocolatey treats and you'll be all set to go.
You will need:
- Wrapping paper off-cuts (I had this gold glittery paper leftover from last year)
- Pretty tape (like this, which I used from Papermash)
- Twine (like this, again from Papermash)
- Hole punch
- Chocolate (I used these Lindt Lindor chocolate orange truffles, and some elves and bear chocolates!)
- Any other Christmas decorations (I used some mini baubles)
I was also lucky enough to receive some other tasty Lindt Christmas treats - who doesn't love the classic gold bear and reindeer? Father Christmas is rather lovely too... I've been saving them up for Christmas day - thank goodness it's tomorrow!
- Cut little squares out of your wrapping paper and to make the pocket, simply fold in half and stick down at either side (left and right) with pretty tape. Be sure to use enough paper so that your chocolate treat will fit inside the pouch!
- Before you put the chocolate inside, hold it flat and make a hole punch near the top centre.
- Thread twine through the hole and stick to the wall with more pretty tape.
- Pop your treats into the pouches.
- Add any other Christmas decorations for more festive sparkle!
- Refill the pouches with fresh supplies as needed (fairly often, I'm guessing!)
And there you have it, simple chocolate treat pockets - perfect for hanging around the house over this lovely Christmas and New Year break!
I'll be back here after Christmas, so in the meantime I wish you a very happy Christmas full of peace, hope and joy. xx
All photos shot and styled by Ruth Garner for Gathered Cheer.
Lindor kindly sent me the delicious selection of chocolate, but all the words and opinions are my own.